The best place for good copy to shine is in the Unique Selling Proposition. (USP)
The USP is anything that makes your product or service stand out from the competition.
A really strong USP is where your product or service also has an offer that’s too good to pass up on.
In fact, your prospect would look downright stupid for refusing such a good USP-based offer.
Think Amazon; a $119 for a year of free two-day shipping, free streaming, and prices that undercut local stores. All for your convenience.
When it comes to copywriting, it’s not about how well you write or even list the features or benefits. If the product or service does not have a strong USP that delivers results, it will not sell well.
Weak USPs with weak offers, even with great copy just won’t cut it. You can polish a turd all you want but at the end of the day it’s still a turd.
So when you write copy, it’s your duty to make your USP scream “no-brainer.” And it’s up to you to deliver on that offer.
This is why the USP of a product is very important. You want your USP to be so irresistible that your customer would be stupid to leave money on the table.
A no-brainer USP is just easy money in terms of getting customers or market share.
Tie Your USP into the Offer
For example, here’s an old landing page I came across from Coinbook over 2 years ago (they converted from a crypto wallet to a crypto newsletter.)
This is great copy that highlighted their USP at the time.
“Receive $10 of Free Bitcoin! Just make your first deposit of $50 or more.”
Then goes on with…
“Still on the Fence?
- no deposit fees, withdrawal fees, minimum balance fees … not even trade fees.
- first trade guaranteed for 14 days up to $500.
- free $30+ of bitcoin as you use the site.
- we have achievements & rewards to make it fun.
- company Based in the USA
- all coins can be bought directly with the USD.
- all deposits are FDIC insured to $250,000.
- currently offer Bitcoin, Litecoin, Digibyte, Feathercoin, and Bullion.
- all coins are stored offline for security.
- compliant with all US banking laws.
- we choose coins that are mature and less risky to trade.
- you can talk to a human for questions: (385) 247-COIN (2646).
- coinbook is designed for individuals not large institutions so it’s more personal.
- and many more…”
Do you see any strong USPs with no-brainer offers here? For me it’s:
NO DEPOSIT FEES, WITHDRAWAL FEES, MINIMUM BALANCE FEES…NOT EVEN TRADE FEES!
Who wouldn’t want zero commissions on their crypto trades?
So whenever you write copy, make sure you have a strong product with a USP that makes the offer a no-brainer.
It’s good copy that practically writes itself and makes the sale that much easier.
P.S. — Sign-up for The Copy Cartel newsletter for more daily content. You’ll also get access to our upcoming copywriting courses including AWAI’s 6-Figure Copywriting program.